Crimson Renewable Energy and its subsidiary SeQuential Biodiesel are producers of renewable transportation fuels; specifically, we are the largest producer of biodiesel in California and Oregon. Crimson customers ranging from major oil companies such as Chevron, Valero, and Philips 66 to truck stop operators such as Pilot Flying J and Love’s count on Crimson as a reliable and consistent supplier of ultra-low carbon biodiesel.
Additionally, Crimson’s subsidiary SeQuential Environmental Services is one of the largest providers of used cooking oil and interceptor collection services in the Pacific Northwest and California.
Since commencing biodiesel production in Oregon in 2007 and in California in late 2011, Crimson and its SeQuential Biodiesel subsidiary have grown to become market leaders in the California and Oregon alternative fuels market, which combined represent the largest market for biodiesel in the United States. Our mission is to build a better energy model by making responsible, local, bioproducts.
Crimson has consistently grown revenue and profitability since startup, experiencing record revenue in 2018 of ~ $150 million and is projecting significant growth for 2019-2021. Crimson currently employs over 250 people, and is a privately owned, closely-held company. Throughout its growth trajectory, Crimson has held onto its startup culture characterized by the pursuit of excellence combined with an emphasis on customer responsiveness, integrity, strong work ethic, teamwork, and accountability at all levels. In summary, we work very hard to do a better job than our competitors in operational and back-office execution and managing the myriad market and commodity risks inherent in our business.
The Process Operator has increased accountability in all facets of biodiesel and glycerin production and related loading/unloading operations while ensuring a safe and well-kept working environment. This position takes working responsibility for compliance with environmental, health and safety policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Operates all plant equipment
- Monitors process operating parameters and utility infrastructure operations (i.e. boilers, water treatment, HTF system, vacuum system, etc.)
- Monitors and operates computerized plant control system
- Makes multiple daily plant rounds checking equipment for possible problems
- Recommends preventative maintenance or repair and undertakes minor repairs when possible
- Troubleshoots processing problems and takes appropriate corrective action
- Perform general housekeeping as needed
- Participate in meetings and training sessions regarding production/operations and environmental, health and safety
- Perform all duties in manner consistent with environmental, health and safety policies and objectives
Education and Basic Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Email, ability to learn company-specific programs)
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to meet minimum DOT requirements
Experience and Job Skills
- 5+ years’ experience in a process plant environment, preferably in chemicals, fertilizer, biofuels or petr0-chemical production
- Experience working in a small plant environment (i.e. less than 40 people) is a strong plus
- Experience working with and troubleshooting the following:
- rotating equipment
- heat transfer equipment
- utility infrastructure (boilers, cooling tower, air compressors, vacuum system, water treatment, etc.)
- Experience working with Process and Equipment Controls – VFDs, computerized plant and equipment controls such as PLC or DCS, etc.
- Experience working with distillation, filter presses, centrifuges, and batch reactors is a significant plus
- Able to communicate with internal company personnel and external vendors effectively
- Able to make routine decisions within a predetermined span of authority
- Able to exercise independent judgment prior to consultation with supervisor
- Must have a hands-on approach and strong work ethic
- Exposure to heights, noise, extreme weather conditions, and areas where hazardous chemicals are present
- Must be able to work all shifts / schedules as needed
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and to handle competing demands with flexibility
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb stairs, kneel, stoop, sit, walk extensively